This page has important content about the boundaries for the Park Wilshire Improvement Association. By being within the Association boundaries you are given the option to become part of the association and pool. There are two parts to being an Association Member: The Yearly Dues and the Yearly Pool Membership. For more on these two please see the following page: Membership
The Resident Members of the Park Wilshire Improvement Association (PWIA) are located in a group of homes situated between the borders of Curtner Avenue (south side), Dumbarton Avenue (west side), Balsa Avenue (north side), and Quinto Way & Custer Drive (east side); depicted within the highlighted portion of the aerial map. At the heart of the community lies tree-lined Doerr Park, with its fields, picnic areas, playgrounds, and tennis courts. Adjacent to Doerr Park is the PWIA’s private swim club for use by PWIA members and their guests. If your home falls within the boundaries listed above and you want to find out if you qualify as a Resident Member, contact the VP of Membership.
Type in the address in the search field, if it within the boundaries you are part of the Association.
- Membership registration is sent out early April. If you move into your home after March 1, please send an email to
- There are two parts to the association: Association Membership and Pool Membership. If you are in the Association boundaries you must pay both dues to use the pool. If you decide not to use the pool for a season and you continue to pay the association dues, you can rejoin the pool once pool dues are paid. If you do not pay the association dues, you cannot rejoin the pool ever.
- If you do not register for the association membership fees when you move into the boundaries of the association, you will not be able to join the pool ever.
- Memberships are paid only to the association. There is no policy nor procedure to have your membership rolled into any cost of your home including mortgage and closing costs.
- If your home falls outside of these borders (for example the east side of the street of Dumbarton, you can apply to be a pool member only. The wait list is several years so sign up now at: Membership
A copy of our By-Laws: