This page has important content about the boundaries for the Park Wilshire Improvement Association. By being within the Association boundaries you are given the option to become part of the association and pool. There are two parts to being an Association Member: The Yearly Dues and the Yearly Pool Membership.
The Resident Members of the Park Wilshire Improvement Association (PWIA) are located in a group of homes situated between the borders of Curtner Avenue (south side), Dumbarton Avenue (west side), Balsa Avenue (north side), and Quinto Way & Custer Drive (east side); depicted within the highlighted portion of the aerial map. At the heart of the community lies tree-lined Doerr Park, with its fields, picnic areas, playgrounds, and tennis courts. Adjacent to Doerr Park is the PWIA’s private swim club for use by PWIA members and their guests. If your home falls within the boundaries listed above and you want to find out if you qualify as a Resident Member, contact the VP of Membership.
Type in the address in the search field, if it within the boundaries you are part of the Association.
- Membership registration is sent out early April. If you move into your home after March 1, please send an email to
- There are two parts to the association: Proprietary Membership and Associate Membership. If you are in the Association boundaries (shown in the map above)
- The Park Wilshire Improvement Association is not an HOA, there is a legal difference.
- Proprietary Members are those household that fall within the boundaries of the Association according to the map above.
- Associate Members are those who live outside the boundaries of the Association, and are often referend to swim only members. You can apply to be an Associate Member here.
- The basic Proprietary dues (referred to as Basic Dues) are $99 annually. This gives you rights to vote as a member of the association and be part of the Board of Directors. It also gives you partial ownership of the Association. Meaning if for some reason the pool is ever sold, you will receive your percentage of the value. That percentage is based off the current number of active proprietary members. We have no plans, nor do we ever plan on selling the pool, EVER.
- To learn more about being on the Board of directors click here.
- If you choose to pay the annual basic dues, without paying for the optional swim dues, you are not allowed to enter the pool even as a guest, except for special events held at the pool.
- A household in the boundaries may choose not to be an active member of the Association. However, doing so will remove your rights to vote, partial ownership of the pool, and you are not allowed to come to the pool as a guest.
- If you do not register for the basic dues when you move into the boundaries of the association, you will not be able to join the pool ever. Nor will you be able to rejoin the Association.
- Memberships are paid only to the association. There is no policy nor procedure to have your membership rolled into any cost of your home including mortgage and closing costs.
A copy of our By-Laws: