Our swim lessons are flexible and affordable with only one student per teacher (in the case of twins a single session can be arranged). Each lesson is $25 for 30 minutes. Have as many lessons as you desire. We find that it takes at least 5 lessons for the skills to be learned by most children. Lessons are from 10AM to 12Noon everyday during the swim season. You can register Here for a session.
This class is specifically designed for parents and their little ones to get used to the feel of the pool together. Here we introduce jumping in the pool, putting faces in the water, blowing bubbles, pool safety, and getting to know other parents and children just like you. All children not completely toilet trained must wear a PWIA approved swim diaper.
The student MUST be able to walk unassisted on the bottom of the pool in the shallow end (3ft.). This level is for a nervous or new swimmer. Instructors will assist the child to become more comfortable and safe in the water. Skills emphasized include:
- Pool rules
- Blowing bubbles
- Independent submersion
- Floating with assistance (back and stomach)
- Retrieving toys from the bottom of the shallow end with assistance(3ft.)
- Kicking on the wall and with a kickboard
- Jumping into the pool safely
- Introduction to streamlining
This level is for children who are comfortable in the water and ready to learn freestyle and backstroke. Skills emphasized include:
- Independent push into streamline on back
- Assisted roll from stomach to back
- Independent back float
- Assisted diving
- Four strokes with kick (freestyle)
- Introduction of side breathing and backstroke arms
This level is designed for children who are able to swim introductory freestyle and backstroke a short distance and are ready to acquire breathing skills. The child must be comfortable in deeper water (5ft.). Skills emphasized include:
- Breathing/breath control
- Backstroke and freestyle arms
- Diving for toys in deeper water
- Introduction to treading water
- Introduction to breaststroke.
This level is for children who can side breathe and tread water. These children are ready to learn non-preferred side breathing, breaststroke and butterfly. Most of class is taught in 8ft. water so child must be comfortable in deep end.
- Treading water for 1+ minutes
- Non-preferred side breathing
- Perfecting freestyle, backstroke, and breaststroke.
- Introduction to butterfly
- Introduction to flip turns
This level is for children who have already mastered freestyle, non-preferred side breathing, and backstroke. They have been introduced to butterfly, breaststroke, dives, and treading water. Children must be comfortable in the deep end (8ft.). Skills emphasized include: Refining all strokes
- Treading water for 3+ minutes
- Diving in the deep end
- Retrieving objects from the deep end