What to expect:
We have strict guidelines that we must adhere to for the pool set forth by the County. The rule comes down to that we are only allowed a certain number of people in the pool at the same time. We have taken these guidelines and have come up with the following plan with guidance from our legal and insurance companies. A summary of the County’s Social Distancing Protocol is located near the front entrance of the pool
We know these rules are going to be very hard since most kids and adults have not seen a lot of people, if any at all, for a long time, and this will be the first time to actually interact in a while. But please, be very mindful of these rules.
As we get further information from the county and we see how the process is working, we will make changes.
- 13 people are allowed in the pool at one time
- Each household may have 2 additional adults who are non-swimming guardians. Guardians may not enter the water unless counted as part of the 13 swimmer limit or in the case of an emergency.
- Guardians may bring a chair to sit in and include nannies and grandparents.
- Lap swimming will have a dedicated time from 9:00am to 9:30am for a max of 5 swimmers
- The first regular swimming session will be at 9:45am and the pool will close at 9pm
- Each swim session is 1 hour long, with no adult swim in the middle, followed by a 15 minute window for everybody to exit the pool and any maintenance from the staff..
Here is a list of what is allowed:
- Pool Noodles
- Squirt Guns
- Throwing toys
- Dive Toys
- The pool will not be providing any toys.
- Water, in non-breakable, reusable containers.
- Do not leave trash at the pool.
- Access to toddler pool one household at a time.
- There will be umbrellas setup around the edge of the pool.
- The bathrooms will be open, but no shower nor changing rooms. So please go before you go to the pool..
- Wagons to bring your stuff.
- 1 chair per non-swim member.
Here are the rules:
Simply put you must be in the water at all times and active. These rules are nonnegotiable. By not following these rules you will be asked to leave. If this happens multiple times you will be removed from the pool for the summer.
- All members without a green card MUST be escorted by a family member with a green card. This means red, yellow, and blue cards must be escorted and supervised by an adult 18 years or older from the same household, nanny or grandparents
- There will be pool staff, but no lifeguards. Staff are there to ensure social distancing and pool maintenance.
- Maintain social distance and wear a mask while talking with friends (no masks in the pool)
- We will not be doing swim tests this summer.
- No drinking fountains
- No guests
- No BBQ
- No lounge chairs (these will not be uncovered)
- No picnic tables (they will be roped off)
- No food of any kind may be consumed at the pool
- No pool basketball hoop
- No pool deck games
- No sunbathing
- The Ping-Pong room will be closed
The Process for entering the pool:
- There will be an online reservation system. You book a time if you use the toddler pool or the main pool. We are hoping that we don’t need to do separate reservations for the toddler pool.
- You are able to sign up for up to two (2) non-consecutive time slots per sign-up window (i.e. each week).
- The main gate will be open from the start time of the session for 15 minutes, after 15 minutes the gate will close, and we will not be able to let anybody else in.
- As each family enters staff will ask you for your last name, if you are not on the list, you cannot enter.
- You will have an hour to swim
- After the hour, there is a 15 minute time window to dry off and exit the pool.
- While waiting to enter the pool please wait on the grass outside to ensure those leaving have plenty of space, and please remember to keep social distancing.
We understand that the above is not ideal, we did spend a lot of time working on this, and we are all volunteers putting on the best balance of what it takes to run the pool and keeping our kids occupied.
If you do not want to be part of the swim pool this year, that is fine, we understand. Your membership will NOT be canceled this year. We are waiving the requirement for non-Resident members to maintain continuous membership; this applies to non-Resident members for this year only. Next year you will receive a new welcome packet via mail ( for Resident members) or via email (for non-Resident members).
If the pool closes due to a fecal incident no refunds are granted and the pool will close until it is dealt with, which means a few sessions after yours will lose out.
A refund policy has not yet been decided if the pool does close for the rest of the summer. We will make a decision at that time.